Chi Alpha Campus Ministries is about reconciling college students to Jesus Christ, thereby contributing to transforming the university, the marketplace, and the world. Our name comes from the apostle Paul’s words to the Corinthians in his second letter to them, chapter 5, verse 20. In it he presents the idea that followers of Jesus in the first century are referred to as “Christ’s ambassador’s or His sent ones,” as though God were making His appeal through them. That idea has continued down through the centuries since the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus and is still relevant, understood, and practiced by Christians today.
Read 2 Corinthians 5:20.
One of our newer initiatives is called “driving diversity” and it reflects our desire to reach, influence, and serve every student we can.
Our purpose is to help Chi Alpha Nation be an accurate representation of Christ’s people to the college and university campus in its: sacred creation (Acts 17:28), diverse ethnic makeup (Revelation 7:9), supernatural oneness (Galatians 3:28), Jesus-centered unity (John 17:21), kingdom-ethic witness (Matthew 5:1-5, Luke 4:18-19), and reconciliation ministry (2 Corinthian 5:16-21, Ephesians 2:14-22).
We do this by:
- Helping to mobilize the unsent through strategic funding initiatives, resourcing, and mentoring. Unsent refers to ethnic minorities traditionally under-represented in missions.
- Equipping Chi Alpha staff through training and resourcing to make disciples of ethnic minority students from conversion to leadership.
- Equipping Chi Alpha staff to bring the message of reconciliation and healing to deal with racial issues from a Biblical kingdom perspective.
- Being a catalyst for seeing Chi Alpha chapters planted on the 106 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU’s) through strategic partnerships with individuals inside and outside of Chi Alpha. Our mission of living out 2 Corinthians 5:20 cannot happen without reaching our Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Serving as a bridge between Chi Alpha Campus Ministries and the Ethnic Fellowships of the Assemblies of God.
Chi Alpha Diversity is a ministry of Chi Alpha Campus Ministries led by Belkis Lehmann, National Diversity Specialist. The adventure starts with a local investment by Belkis and her husband Steve, on HBCU’s in the Triad Region of North Carolina. They pray and plan to expand the effort nationally through recruitment, training, mentoring, and pioneering.
Serve globally. What can you do as a first step on your campus? We in Chi Alpha believe it takes people from all nations to reach all of the nations for Jesus. Join us by praying, giving, and going to hasten the day of Revelation 7:9. Learn more and get connected at drivingdiversity.org.
Love is a verb,
©2017 by Mike Olejarz